Q&A: What is the best way to support Fatty Liver?
What is the best way to support Fatty Liver?
Such a good question!
Fortunately, you can employ some simple but powerfully effective strategies to reverse or prevent fatty liver. I’ve found these diet, exercise and supplement strategies greatly benefit my clients.
1. Avoid all processed foods and white processed flour. They increase your blood sugar levels, stressing your liver and resulting in high triglycerides, which promotes a fatty liver.
2. Add healthy fats. A great way to combat sugar damage is to eat plenty of these healthy fats.
3. Improve your metabolism through exercise. Routine, daily exercise improves insulin resistance and reduces fatty liver.
4. Eat detoxifying, liver-repairing super foods. Regularly eat foods from the cruciferous family – like broccoli, cauliflower and Brussels sprouts, as well as leafy veggies like kale, collards, cabbage, arugula, and watercress. Also include bitter foods in each meal, such as rocket, parsley, coriander, asparagus, and cucumber etc
5. Power up with protein. Protein at every meal, especially breakfast, becomes key to balancing blood sugar and insulin, cutting cravings and providing your liver the raw materials it needs to detoxify optimally.
6.Supplement intelligently. The right supplements can help bring your body back into balance while it heals. I love using Body Bio Phosphatidylcholine to remove fatty deposits in the liver.
7. Lastly, test don't guess. I find that most people are unaware that they have fatty liver disease. A simple blood test can pick this up. Work with someone who understands optimal ranges….NOT the “normal” ranges.